Spring repair is one of our specialties!
One of the most important components of a safely and properly working garage door is the torsion spring (or springs). When a garage door spring does break, your door which typically weighs more than 150 pounds, is unable to open or close safely. Whether it’s picking up the kids from school or ensuring your garage door is secure to protect your home and family, we know you rely on your garage door to work properly.
Why Choose Hutchins Garage Doors for Spring Repairs?
- In most cases, we can fix your garage door the same day you call! Our technicians carry spring supplies in their vehicles and can replace your springs quickly and efficiently.
- Replacement garage door springs are guaranteed for as long as you own your home.
- Our labor is guaranteed for three years.
- Our technicians are experienced, insured and reliable, with our company standing behind their work.
- We are A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau and an Angie’s list favorite.
- We can meet or beat any competitors’ prices.
- If the work is not up to your expectations, we will make it right. Your satisfaction is guaranteed!
A WORD ABOUT GARAGE DOOR SPRINGS:
For most people, replacing garage door springs can be dangerous. Without the proper tools and safety equipment, it is not safe or practical. A garage door spring can severely injure a person due to its high level of torsion. In most cases, but not always, you have to replace the springs with the exact same size or the door will not balance properly. You also have to properly remove and re-install the torsion tube assembly and all its parts. And finally, you have to rewind the springs, which without the proper tools and experience, can be very dangerous and cause injury.
As an example, one of our customers bought garage door springs on the web and waited a number of days for them to arrive. When the springs finally did arrive, he decided that the job did look more complicated and dangerous than he first thought. He then called us for assistance. We discovered the springs he had ordered were absolutely the wrong size to safely handle the weight of the door. We traded the incorrect springs he had ordered for the proper size springs and fixed his door. The result: 10 days without an operating garage door and the cost of the parts plus the initial labor, only to have us at Hutchins do the final repair. The worst part is he had no experience dealing with high torsion springs and he could have been badly injured. He did however tell us he looked at a few DIY videos. Yikes!
Please do not attempt a repair or replacement on your own springs without proper tools and knowledge. Give us a call and let our experienced garage door technicians do the job safely and correctly. We’ll do the work at a very fair and competitive price, and in the end you’ll be glad you called Hutchins.